In 2012 we found ourselves at a dinner table, discussing the many challenges of our beloved Puerto Rico. We decided that we could do more than talk about these, we could do something. We would do something. We would organize to help alleviate some of the burdens of our island’s ongoing crisis. ConPRmetidos, a think-and-do-tank, was born to accelerate innovative solutions to Puerto Rico's social and economic challenges
2012 - 2015
During our initial, formative years, ConPRmetidos focused primarily on:
- Partnerships. We identified and enabled strategic partnerships built upon the practical engagement of the stakeholders - individuals, businesses, NGOs, and government - in problem solving.
- Millennials' capabilities. We actively worked to engage and connect Puerto Rican millennials on the island and abroad, establishing an unique network of original capacity and budding human capital.
- Civic engagement. Helping the development of knowledge, skills, values and motivation in target communities.
Projects we introduced during this time include:
- The Brain Trust of Puerto Rico
- The Puerto Rico Education Summit
- The conOportunidades Initiative
- The conPRmetidos Social Innovation Hun
- The Puerto Rico Public Innovation Initiative
2015 - 2016
The Puerto Rico Global Initiative is created to connect Puerto Ricans around the world into a cohesive network of professionals, students, philanthropists, entrepreneurs, artists, investors and more, brought together with the precise goal of actively supporting the island's economic development.
In 2017, heading into our fifth anniversary, we began the process of reviewing ConPRmetidos' vision and mission, its successes and missed opportunities. As summer turned to fall, we were finalizing the strategic vision that would guide the next five years. And then hurricanes Irma and Maria devastated Puerto Rico and much of the Caribbean, instantly demanding of us a new focus, a new purpose.
We begin our sixth year with a renewed sense of purpose and potential. The Maria: Puerto Rico Real-Time Recovery Fund received donations from over 17,000 people and organizations around the world, providing ConPRmetidos with resources and capacity to accelerate our mission: To create a stable, productive, and self-sufficient Puerto Rico.